Skip to main content

The busiest people have the most leisure!

“Everything is easy when you are busy. But nothing is easy when you are lazy.” – Swami Vivekanandha

 

I heard this quote a few years ago from my friend, for a second it had not made much sense but then I had a big bulb-on moment 💡.  This quote has been my friend, every time I felt I didn’t have time for something important. The problem is not the lack of time, but it is always the way I manage my time. 

 Some of the top successful people I know are the ones who have an abundance of time. 20 years ago, when I worked for indya.com a Star Group of company, as a programmer, I would often write to our awesome CEO Sunil Lulla about improvements we could make to our Channels. Sunil always had time to reply even though I was one of the junior employees. And I would feel appreciated, happy, and inspired to do more 😍.  I see the same quality in ID Foods Founder P.C. Mustafa. He says he is the chief customer care officer for his company and goes through every email and feedback their customer gives. 👍👍

Whenever I feel overwhelmed by the amount of work on my plate I remember the golden words Deepak Chopra gave to a friend of mine. “When you don’t have time, Slow Down”!!  When I heard it for the first time I was like, what?? But then, it made sense. When we slow down we will be able to think clearly and prioritize things. It’s important to pick a speed that is comfortable for us. There is always scope to improve creativity, speed, and efficiency. When we avoid time waster activities and consistently prioritize, we will always have time for the most important things in life. 

 Make it a day of prioritizing what is important to you!😎🙌

#EmotionalIntelligence

#GowthamiSaraf

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Open Letter to Students Beginning Their College Journey

Dear Students, This letter is for every student stepping into undergraduate life—and especially for those of you I have had the privilege of mentoring over the past three to five years.  It has been a long and meaningful journey. I have watched many of you question, struggle, learn, change, and grow. And now, you are stepping into the big world—or, as I would like to call it, the  Big Good World . How you experience this world will be shaped by the people you choose, the experiences you create, and the inner world you carry within you. As you begin your undergraduate journey, here are five things I want you to remember: 1. It is okay to miss home. You may miss your home, family, and friends.  It is okay. You will adjust. You will be fine, and you are safe. 2. Choose your tribe carefully. Good friendships can make these years deeply meaningful. But finding the right people may take time. Give people the space and time to show you who they are—and believe them when th...

When Teasing Turns Harmful: Understanding Bullying in Children

  Bullying has become an increasingly challenging issue in today’s society. While it is easy to assume it exists only in certain environments, the reality is that it often happens right under our noses—in schools, on playgrounds, in sports settings, and even within our own communities. As parents, guardians, teachers, and coaches, it is important to understand not only what bullying is, but also the impact it has on children and what we can do to prevent it. What Is Bullying? A bully is typically defined as someone who seeks to harm, intimidate, or coerce another person perceived as vulnerable. Bullying can take many forms—hurtful teasing, repeated name-calling, exclusion, threats, or physical intimidation. A key element in bullying is a perceived imbalance of power—whether physical, social, or emotional—between the aggressor and the child being targeted. Bullying often begins at a young age. A child’s appearance, abilities, background, hobbies, or even small personal differences c...

Presence Over Perfection: The Photo That Won a Trophy 🏆

  Day 1 of a four-day state chess tournament. Sun’s out, pairings pending, snacks inventoried like a military operation. I leaned in for a quick selfie with my little champ. One click, one smile, and we ran to the hall. I had no idea that same photo would come back on Day 4 wearing a medal of its own. On the final day, there was a “Parent Child Duo” photo contest. I submitted this simple selfie. No filters, no staging, just a mother and her boy outside the venue, eyes full of hope (and a backpack full of everything from water bottles to paper clips). And guess what? It won a trophy! Behind every child seated at a chessboard is a list of quiet routines: the early alarms, rush ready, quick prayers, packed tiffins, and the hush of waiting outside as cl ocks tick inside. Sometimes we’re coaches, sometimes were cheerleaders, often we’re tissues and shoulders. We’re are always there. To the organizers, arbiters, coaches, and volunteers. Thank you for building these arenas where disciplin...