Skip to main content

Find Your Tribe and Never Feel Lonely!

"A friend is someone who helps you up when you’re down, and if they can’t, they sit beside you and listen." — Winnie The Pooh.

Just imagine!! having a community of such friends and family members, who accept you for who you are! And they like you on your good days and also on cranky days!.๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿ’• They value your views no matter how different they are from their views!๐Ÿ’›. Sounds awesome, isn't it? 

Well, it's possible to have a tribe like this.๐Ÿ™ If you haven't found your tribe yet, find it. And if you can't find it even better, create it. ๐Ÿ˜Ž 

It's important to remember the words of Rim John, who said that "You are an average of five people you spend the most time with"! Our environment plays a huge role in defining our personality. Both as children and adults.๐Ÿ˜ฎ

As a child, I was very different than most people I knew. And I was often ridiculed for these differences. Only when I grew up did I realize that some qualities people made fun of me for, were my unique abilities and strengths!  So one of my goals as a mentor is to empower my students to create and nurture their tribe. So that they never feel bad for who they are!  ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜‡


My awesome students, Shreyan, and the team created the above logo for their tribe "Free to Bee". 

Make it a "Love your Tribe" Day

Shubhadina ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ

 #EmotionalIntelligence

#GowthamiSaraf 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Open Letter to Students Beginning Their College Journey

Dear Students, This letter is for every student stepping into undergraduate life—and especially for those of you I have had the privilege of mentoring over the past three to five years.  It has been a long and meaningful journey. I have watched many of you question, struggle, learn, change, and grow. And now, you are stepping into the big world—or, as I would like to call it, the  Big Good World . How you experience this world will be shaped by the people you choose, the experiences you create, and the inner world you carry within you. As you begin your undergraduate journey, here are five things I want you to remember: 1. It is okay to miss home. You may miss your home, family, and friends.  It is okay. You will adjust. You will be fine, and you are safe. 2. Choose your tribe carefully. Good friendships can make these years deeply meaningful. But finding the right people may take time. Give people the space and time to show you who they are—and believe them when th...

When Teasing Turns Harmful: Understanding Bullying in Children

  Bullying has become an increasingly challenging issue in today’s society. While it is easy to assume it exists only in certain environments, the reality is that it often happens right under our noses—in schools, on playgrounds, in sports settings, and even within our own communities. As parents, guardians, teachers, and coaches, it is important to understand not only what bullying is, but also the impact it has on children and what we can do to prevent it. What Is Bullying? A bully is typically defined as someone who seeks to harm, intimidate, or coerce another person perceived as vulnerable. Bullying can take many forms—hurtful teasing, repeated name-calling, exclusion, threats, or physical intimidation. A key element in bullying is a perceived imbalance of power—whether physical, social, or emotional—between the aggressor and the child being targeted. Bullying often begins at a young age. A child’s appearance, abilities, background, hobbies, or even small personal differences c...

Presence Over Perfection: The Photo That Won a Trophy ๐Ÿ†

  Day 1 of a four-day state chess tournament. Sun’s out, pairings pending, snacks inventoried like a military operation. I leaned in for a quick selfie with my little champ. One click, one smile, and we ran to the hall. I had no idea that same photo would come back on Day 4 wearing a medal of its own. On the final day, there was a “Parent Child Duo” photo contest. I submitted this simple selfie. No filters, no staging, just a mother and her boy outside the venue, eyes full of hope (and a backpack full of everything from water bottles to paper clips). And guess what? It won a trophy! Behind every child seated at a chessboard is a list of quiet routines: the early alarms, rush ready, quick prayers, packed tiffins, and the hush of waiting outside as cl ocks tick inside. Sometimes we’re coaches, sometimes were cheerleaders, often we’re tissues and shoulders. We’re are always there. To the organizers, arbiters, coaches, and volunteers. Thank you for building these arenas where disciplin...